Internationally Recognized in Sustainable Building Design, Mindscape is an awarded industry leader in sustainable building design and verification. We wrote the book on green buildings (literally) and can help you succeed with LEED®, ENERGY STAR®, GREEN SEAL®, and more…
Click Here to Learn More on Green BuildingGreen building (also known as green construction or sustainable building) refers to a structure and using process that is environmentally responsible and resource-efficient throughout a building’s life-cycle: from siting to design, construction, operation, maintenance, renovation, and demolition. This requires close cooperation of the design team, the architects, the engineers, and the client at all project stages.The Green Building practice expands and complements the classical building design concerns of economy, utility, durability, and comfort. (Source: Wikipedia – Green Building)
“Mindscape understands my needs as a builder. They know their stuff. They’re reliable, fair, and exceptional to work with.”
– Paul Viidik, Kenmore Homes
Our core markets are custom and production homebuilders, mid-rise developers, and small to mid-size (new and existing) commercial and industrial buildings. We understand the need for projects to be appropriately designed, to have good financial returns, and to be delivered on schedule.
Design, Consulting and Verification Services
New Buildings, Campuses or Whole Communities:
- Building Code Compliance – OBC SB-10, NECB 2011.
- LEED® certification (for homes, neighborhoods, commercial or industrial buildings)
- BOMA BESt support
- Living Building Challenge
- GREEN UP benchmarking
- ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager™ benchmarking
- Built Green Canada’s GREEN SEAL® – High Density
- Solar PV design and FIT (Feed-In-Tarriff) consulting
- Residential green building programs (see our Sustainable Housing Design page)
- Energy Audits
- Water Audits
- Carbon Footprint analyses
- Renewable energy feasibility studies (eg: solar, wind, geothermal, CHP)
- Energy/Water savings retrofit projects
- Project Management
- Owner’s Engineer services: tender / bid management, contractor coordination & supervision
- Recommissioning / optimizing
Builders & Developers
If you are a builder or developer and are considering your opportunities to join the sustainable building industry, then consider Mindscape’s benchmarking services:
- Commercial/Industrial: we have a customizable benchmarking process that will evaluate your familiarity with NECB, ASHRAE 90.1, and LEED pre-requisites. We would again interview you and review your past few builds, and could thereafter make confident recommendations about your next best steps forward into the realm of sustainable building design.
- Residential: we will EnerGuide test your last few builds, and interview you briefly (30-60 minutes). The results of both will give us a strong feel for which green building programs will best suit you as a builder, and for what exactly you might be ready to try. For example, most builders are not ready to build a LEED Platinum building until they have mastered ENERGY STAR or R-2000. See our Sustainable Housing Design section for more details.
At Mindscape we believe in building the capacity of our clients to help themselves. We offer a variety of training programs, from in-class courses to webinars to on-site mentoring, and are glad to customize a training program that suits your specific need.