Sustainable Homes Creating Sustainable Communities
Mindscape is an awarded industry leader in design and verification for sustainable homes. We wrote the book (literally) and can help you succeed with LEED®, ENERGY STAR®, GREEN SEAL® by Built Green Canada, and more.
Our core markets serve custom and production homebuilders, mid-rise developers, and small to mid-size commercial and industrial buildings, both new and existing buildings. We understand the need for projects to be appropriately designed, to have good financial returns, and to be delivered on schedule.
“Mindscape understands my needs as a builder. They know their stuff. They’re reliable, fair, and exceptional to work with.”
– Paul Viidik, Kenmore Homes
Mindscape Innovation's Green Home Services - Read MoreWelcome to Mindscape Innovations’ Green Home Services. This is separate website is designed to provide home performance professionals, enthusiasts and homebuilders with the information necessary to successfully green up their new residential builds and effectively gain marketplace recognition. Whether you would just like to benchmark the current energy performance of your houses with EnerGuide rating system, would like to offer ENERGY STAR upgrades, or are interested in attracting progressive buyers with Built Green or LEED certification, we can help you out from start to finish. Click Here for More
Design, Consulting and Verification Services
New Homes, businesses, or whole communities
- Ontario Building Code – Part 12 Compliance
- EnerGuide® for New Homes
- ENERGY STAR® for New Homes
- GREEN SEAL® by Built Green Canada (for homes or high-density residential)
- LEED® (for homes, neighbourhoods, commercial or industrial buildings)
- Net-Zero and Net-Zero Ready
- Watercycle (like Solar Ready, but for water: ask us for details)
Retrofitting Existing Condominiums, Low, Mid, and High Rise Buildings
As much as we love to help design new buildings to be the best that they can be, it is simply true that over 90% of the buildings in the market are already built, so Mindscape is also pleased to help existing buildings to improve their energy efficiency and reduce their environmental footprint.
We have several partners who can provide services to existing single-family homes, and we provide the following services for multi-unit homes, condos, and residential midrises and highrises:
- Energy Audits
- Water Audits
- Carbon Footprint Analyses
- Energy and Water Savings retrofit projects
- Project Management
- Owner’s Engineer Services – tender, bid management, contractor coordination & supervision
- Recommissioning and Building Optimizing
Builders and Developers
If you are a builder or developer and are considering your opportunities to join the sustainable building industry, then consider Mindscape’s benchmarking services:
- Residential – for residential builders, we will EnerGuide test your last few builds, and interview you briefly (30-60 minutes). The results of both together will give us a strong feel for which green building programs will best suit you as a builder, and for what exactly you might be ready to try. For example, most builders are not ready to build a LEED Platinum building until they have mastered ENERGY STAR or R-2000.
- Commercial/Industrial – for commercial/industrial builders and turn-key design-build contractors, we have a customizable benchmarking process that will evaluate your familiarity with mNECB, ASHRAE 90.1, and the pre-requisites of LEED. We would again interview you and review your past few builds, and could thereafter make confident recommendations about your next best steps forward into the realm of sustainable building design.
At Mindscape we believe in building the capacity of our clients to help themselves. We offer a variety of training programs, from in-class courses to webinars to on-site mentoring, and are glad to customize a training program that suits your specific need.