Government Projects and Services
Mindscape has extensive experience working with government agencies on energy projects, including school boards, municipalities, facility owners, and policy makers, on everything from energy planning to policy development to incentive programming to project management.
“Mindscape has been an outstanding resource …
They’ve helped us evaluate financing models, manage approvals, utilities and contractors. An exceptional consultant, they have served us well.”
– Brian Bechtel, Corporate Energy Specialist, Region of Waterloo
Mindscape is an awarded industry leader that has helped to create the Green Energy and Green Economy Act, and many of Canada’s leading green building programs, from ENERGY STAR® to LEED® to Solar Ready®.
Click Here to Read More about the Ontario's Green Energy Act 2009The Ontario Green Energy Act (GEA), formally Bill 150, Green Energy and Green Economy Act, 2009, introduced in the Ontario legislature on February 23, 2009, is intended to expand renewable energy production, encourage energy conservation and create green jobs. Among many clauses, the GEA is best known for creating a number of feed-in tariff rates for different types of energy sources. Notable among these is the microFIT program for small non-commercial systems under 10 kilowatts, and FIT, the larger commercial version which covers a number of project types with sizes into the megawatts.
We Know How Municipalities Work
We are Policy Makers and Shapers
We understand the inner workings of the policy world, and how to help our clients’ projects succeed. We have authored community energy plans, delivered public education workshops, and helped municipalities create local incentive programs to facilitate industry uptake. We know energy, and we know how municipalities work.
We can help you plan your targets and achieve them, and manage public risk along the way.
Core Services for Governments
- Community Energy Plans (CEP’s)
- Integrated Community Energy System (ICES) planning and design
- Energy Base Mapping – identifying zones where renewable energy (wind, solar, bio, geo, hydro) is most appropriate
- GHG inventories and mitigation or reduction strategies
- Energy, Water, and Carbon Audits
- Energy Modeling & Consulting
- Securing Grants and Incentives
- Bylaw and Incentive Program Consulting (Community Improvement Plans, etc.)
- Feasibility & Opportunity Studies
- Preparing tender bid documents, via MERX. Bindingo, direct, and (pre-)evaluating bidder submittals
- Educating the client to empower informed decisions
- Project Risk Mitigation
- Public Information Meetings
- Assessing and managing alternatives for local community ownership participation
- Support securing project financing and insurance
- Project Commissioning
- Performance Verification
For a summary of the services we offer to municipalities click here.
- Solar Project management for the Region of Waterloo
- Energy Audits and Community Energy Planning in Halton Hills
- Community Energy Planning & Sustainability Guidelines for Block 27 development in Vaughan
- Solar Ready Program Design services sponsored by Natural Resources Canada
- Development of the Green Energy and Green Economy Act